David: The King of Jerusalem, an original musical, will take you on a journey back in time to the pivotal moments in history that paved the way for a hero after God's own heart. Produced by internationally recognized directors Robert and Elizabeth Muren, this production brings you the ultimate grace experience.
On the eve of a royal banquet in Jerusalem, an old and tired King David prepares to choose a successor from among his sons. A sinister conspiracy comes to light that threatens his kingdom and forces the king to flee his city. David must once again put his trust in the Lord. Guided by his mentor and dear friend, Raiti, David revisits the key events of his youth that shaped his life, from his humble days as a shepherd boy, to his anointing by the prophet Samuel, his rise to the throne of Israel, and his moral fall with Bathsheba. But in order to save his kingdom, David will have to confront his greatest enemy—the darkness in his own soul.
Through this beautiful story, you'll discover:
- David as a young shepherd boy, always overlooked by his father and older brothers
- The intimate relationship David develops with his heavenly Father
- David's triumphant rise to become king of Israel
- The tumultuous years of the older David's reign in which he faces an uprising within his own household and is forced to confront his secrets and fears
- David's fall into sin, and the grace of God that saves him